TheLounge is a web IRC client that you host on your own server.
- When the application first runs, it will populate its
- Stop the container
- Now from the host, edit
~/.config/appdata/thelounge/config.js, or wherever you've mapped it
- In most cases you want the value
public: falseto allow named users only
- This will allow for persistant connections to the servers you configure for each account
- Setting the two prefetch values to
trueimproves usability, but uses more storage
- Once you have the configuration you want, save it and start the container again
- For each user, run the command
docker exec -it thelounge s6-setuidgid abc thelounge add <user>
- You will be prompted to enter a password that will not be echoed.
- Saving logs to disk is the default, this consumes more space but allows scrollback.
- To log in to the application, browse to
- Other containerized applications such as organizr would use
- You should now be prompted for a username and password on the webinterface.
- Once logged in, you can add an IRC network. Some defaults are preset for Freenode.
If you need assistance setting up this application please visit our support page.